Thursday, April 23, 2009

College

After graduating with outstanding honors at the Ateneo de Manila University recently, I knew that I would not stop there. For one, in the society that we Filipinos live in, not much can be said about a Filipino with a land surveyor's degree. Yes, someone with a college education is definitely laudable in a country with only a fraction of college graduates; however, living in a colony of Spain, I, as an Indio would never be treated as anything equal or even anything close to any of those bastard imperialist pigs.

For these reasons, today, April 23, 1877, I apply for a course in the University of Santo Tomas. As my first choice, I choose to take up a degree in Philosophy and Letters. It has been evident to my dear blogreaders that I have an immense love for my country; which is why it definitely wouldn't be a mystery why I choose to take up this course. Philosophy, I choose to take up for the sole reason that I would want to further understand the various reasons for the multitude of problems that are plaguing us Filipinos -- most of which are caused by our colonizers. Secondly, I'd want to be able to express all the thoughts running in my head and be able to write them in paper -- which is why I choose to take up letters.

Surely, after I attain this degree, I would want to take medicine, as my mother, Teodora is currently experiencing eye problems.

With this, I end this blog saying that I know that I currently am a Thomasian; but in my heart, I consider myself as an Atenean (sayang, wala pang UP! :D).

-Pepe
(Justin Tung 073545)

No comments:

Post a Comment