Thursday, May 7, 2009

Experiments and Other Beings

Lately I’ve been having dreams about various creatures that have been experimented upon. It seems that all those lessons that had me dissecting dead bodies have affected me more than I thought they would. I don’t seem to be as bothered as I thought I would though. In fact, I find myself getting inspired by those dreams.

It would be interesting to write a story involving experimented beings. They would have their own lives, and they’d communicate and interact with humans. Their nature, however, will prevent some people from treating them equally. Distrust and fear will permeate the otherwise peaceful atmosphere, and some will plot to eradicate them. This, in turn, will cause resentment among the experimented ones. They will find themselves getting angry at humans for experimenting on them, giving them life then trying to kill them. Some would try to make a compromise, while the more hostile ones would begin their violence against the other.

As for the ending, I think it would be better to leave it open to interpretation.

I also want to write something related to the sun and the moon. I have always wondered if there is life in them. If humans could go there, would they see anything interesting? Is there anything similar to the things here on earth? Would they be more primitive or more advanced compared to us?

Perhaps I should merge the two ideas. I am not certain how much time I still have to write those stories. There is the possibility that I might not be able to finish them since the Spaniards have been trying to capture me. If I decide to do so, I’ll have to think of a way to make them go well together so that it would not turn into an incomprehensible piece that has too many ideas in it.

-Pepe

(Lexie Dizon, 071185)

No comments:

Post a Comment